- OUR COMMITMENT TO PRIVACY
- GENERAL DEFINITIONS
“TRADER” means TRADER Corporation (a company with offices at 405 The West Mall, Suite 110, Etobicoke, Ontario, Canada, M9C 5J1) and its subsidiary, affiliated and successor companies.
The “Website” means the TRADER website accessible at www.trffk.caand any associated or co-branded features, applications, services or websites provided to you by TRADER.
- WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION?
“Personal information” is any information about an identifiable individual, but does not include the name, title, business address or business telephone number of an employee of an organization. Information used solely for journalistic, artistic or literary purposes is exempted from the provisions of the Act. TRADER is responsible for personal information under its possession, custody, or control and has designated a privacy officer who is accountable for TRADER’s compliance with the principles set out in the Act.
- PURPOSES OF COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
TRADER collects personal information for specific, limited purposes. Personal information is collected by fair and lawful means though the Website, including, without limitation, through the following Website components:
- Newsletter Sign-Up Forms;
- Information Request Forms;
- Pricing Request Forms;
- Demo Request Forms; and
- Other available forms made available on the Website.
Personal information collected by TRADER is used by TRADER for the following purposes:
- To complete your TRADER transactions, respond to your requests and inquiries, and for general marketing purposes, or as otherwise indicated;
- To establish your location, to improve your experience and, from time to time, to send you information, such as offers, that is most relevant to your geographic location;
- To contact you about, among other things, changes, enhancements or other notices related to the Website, TRADER product offerings or generally about TRADER’s business;
- If you enter a contest or other promotion offered through the Website, to administer the contest or promotion including contacting, announcing and promoting prizewinners;
- In order to gain a better understanding of your interests so that we may develop and market better products and services;
- For use by third party research organizations engaged by TRADER to contact you, on behalf of TRADER, to ascertain, among other things, your feedback in respect of TRADER products and services. Note any such third party research organization will not be permitted to use for personal information for any other purpose;
- To gather information about your experience using the Website, in some cases through the use of third party services. Note any such third party will not be permitted to use for personal information for any other purpose;
- If you choose to opt-out of any use of your personal information in accordance with our opt-out policy, we keep your contact information on a list so that your request can be honoured; and
TRADER adheres to the requirements of Canada’s Anti-Spam legislation and, in connection therewith, tracks consent choices and dates within its internal customer and prospect databases, and makes every possible attempt to ensure only those who have provided express consent are targeted with sales and/or marketing related messages through commercial electronic messages.
To collect certain non-personal information, we may use a browser feature known as a “cookie” or a similar technology such a Web beacon. Cookies are small files placed on your hard drive that assist us in providing you with a customized browsing experience. A Web beacon is an object embedded in a Web page, often working in conjunction with a cookie, which unobtrusively monitors the behavior of a user on the Web page so that we can understand how you use our Web site in order to improve the experience.
We may place advertising or other links on our Website that originate from outside advertisers. If you view these ads, the advertisers may assign a cookie. TRADER does not control these cookies, nor is TRADER responsible for any marketing or other use of your name by these advertisers.
- SECURITY OF INFORMATION
We have data security policies and practices in place, and use our best efforts to safeguard your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. However, we cannot be held liable in the event of unauthorized access to or inadvertent disclosure of any Personal Information. Except as set out in this Policy, the personal information collected through the Website will never be shared with any third-party organizations or persons outside of TRADER without your consent.
- OPT OUT POLICY AND CORRECTING INFORMATION
Users of the Website are given the opportunity to (i) opt-out of receiving communications from us, (ii) remove their information from our database, or (iii) elect to no longer receive services from us. If you wish to opt-out of receiving further communications, please contact TRADER’s privacy officer (the “Privacy Officer”) using the contact information provided below. In addition, if you do not wish to receive marketing offers from TRADER, you may opt-out at any time by doing either of the following:
- Click the unsubscribe link provided in Marketing Offers delivered to you by TRADER.
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org request that your personal information not be used for any Marketing Offers.
Users of this Website may contact the Privacy Officer to modify or correct any of their personal information that is under our control. You may also direct a written complaint regarding compliance with this Privacy Statement to the Privacy Officer and, within a reasonable time upon receiving the written complaint, the Privacy Officer will conduct an investigation into the matter. Within a reasonable time of concluding the investigation, the Privacy Officer will inform the complainant whether the complaint will be allowed or denied. If the Privacy Officer considers the complaint to be well founded, TRADER will take appropriate measures to address the complaint.
In addition, TRADER is committed to keeping accurate records and may contact you to confirm information relating to you and your employees.
We cannot always delete records of past interactions and transactions. For example, we are required to retain records relating to previous purchases on our site for financial reporting or other compliance reasons. We will give you access to the information we retain about you within a reasonable time, upon written request, satisfactory identification and proof of entitlement. In some cases, we may not provide access to personal information in our possession or control. If we deny your request, we will advise you in writing of the reason for the refusal and you may challenge our decision.
- OUR PRIVACY OFFICER
3555 Gilmore Way, Suite #1 West
- REVISIONS TO, AND INTERPRETATIONS OF, THE POLICY